Network Capital is delighted to partner with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), Government of India’s flagship program to promote innovation and entrepreneurship. AIM is inviting applications for ‘Mentor India’ . Network Capital members are invited to express interest in serving as mentors for this nationwide movement to provide thought leadership, mentoring and guidance to school students across the country.
Mentor India is a strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders who can guide and mentor students in 900+ Atal Tinkering Labs that Atal Innovation Mission has established / is in the process of establishing across India. We are looking for leaders who can spend 1 – 2 hours every week in one or more such labs and enable students to experience, learn and practice future skills such as design and computational thinking.
These labs are non-prescriptive by nature, and mentors are expected to be enablers rather than instructors.
The deadline for submission of applications to join Mentor India is 30 Sep 2017.
- A movement to engage leaders who will empower young innovators and ignite in them the spirit of experimenting, as mentors themselves engage with Atal Tinkering Labs.
- Envisaged to be the largest formal volunteer mentor network in India
- Seeks to prepare the next generation for a world of continuous innovation.
Hubs of Innovation
- Atal Tinkering Labs are dedicated work spaces where students learn new skills and develop ideas that will go on to transform India.
- Equipped with state-of-the-art tools to spur the spark of creativity.
- Established in 450+ schools so far, with many more such labs coming up.
What you get
- Be a part of the biggest disruption in formal education in India
- Receive a digital certificate of recognition from NITI Aayog.
- Get a chance to feature in a nationwide honour board.
- Get opportunities to receive invitations to Government of India events and meet-and-greet prominent dignitaries.
- Shape the future. This is your chance to lead the country forward.
- Weekly/Bi-Weekly visit to the designated school.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the students.
Help students identify local problems that can be solved with technology.
- Spur students towards out of the box thinking for innovative solutions.
- Willingness to learn and hunger to share, in line with the mission of Network Capital.
- Fill and submit the application form.
- Personal interviews for shortlisted candidates.
- Soft Skills and Technical Skills Ramp Up Sessions.