- This event has passed.
NC Delhi: Taking Concrete Steps to Make Delhi Safer
July 14, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This is a follow up discussion where some concrete steps will be taken to make delhi safer.
Please fill up this form before attending
And in case you missed the previous Meet,Following is the 3 point action plan that we as the Network Capital community can take the lead in doing:
1. Conduct self-defense training for 10,00,000 women by 15 September
2. Conduct late evening walks in 10 localities by 15 September to identify specific spots/areas that make women feel unsafe. Get better lighting/ policing for those spots in collaboration with RWA, local community, local ward commissioner etc
3. Gender sensitization for 2,00,000 auto-walas across all Delhi NCR metro station areas by 15 September (figure out a signaling system that shows the auto-walas have done gender sensitization training eg. pink band that in turn leads to more women taking their auto = more money)
To make this happen, I believe we need the following, would love to get your support to take ahead some of these actions and further develop more ideas.
3 actions – 3 weekends for all localities in Delhi NCR
1. Self-defense class
2. Late evening walks to identify a community action plan to fix high-risk areas
3. Gender sensitization for auto wala
What support Network Capital will provide to the leaders who volunteer to take local charge:
1. Enroll NC members in the possibility of creating a safe society for women in Delhi. Identify the leaders who volunteer to take charge of their communities. Provide them with all the resources they need in order to do this
2. Provide the local community leader access to resource persons for training for self-defence class (Delhi police)
3. Broad outline of things to be audited in the evening walk + help in the creation of action plan for the neighborhood
Resources to impart gender sensitization content to autowalas
Immediate next steps
1. Onboard Delhi police for self-defense training
2. Create an audit plan with Safetypin app for localities
3. Onboard NGO such as Jagori and Manas for content on gender sensitization
4. Identify how can we mobilize large groups for action – youth networks/ NGOs/ etc